There is nothing like having an amazing pair of shoes for your Indian attire, it truly brings your outfit ensemble together. Unfortunately too many girls mess it up by wearing the wrong shoes and it can definitely change your outfit! To make your life easier, Borrow It Bindaas will be suggesting some tips and ideas to get it right!
1. Stay away from black/white heels as much as you can! Nude works and usually matches everything. They’re classy and can basically go with any Indian outfit. An absolute necessity for every girl’s closet!
2. Choose footwear according to the theme of your outfit not its color. If your outfit is blue then wearing blue shoes will make you look tacky! But if your outfit has gold embroidery on it then you can go for gold heels.
3. Flats/sandals are great, but keep them gold, silver, or nude. Just make sure to wear flats or heels while wearing your saree, because if you’re wearing shoes already; you’ll know what height to set your pleats at!
4. Strappy shoes can sparkle every outfit! Especially if your wearing a lengha or churidar, a high-heeled strappy shoe can give you the complete look that you are looking for! Some strappy shoes may be uncomfortable, so make sure you buy the right pair where you can move around.
5. Pumps & Peep Toe Heels are very chic to salwars and churidars
6. If you love sparkle then these silver shoes are definitely a buy! They can jazz up any simple Indian outfit. If you don’t like sparkle then any other silver heel can do it’s magic. Silver shoes are a necessity for Indian attire!
7. Jodhpuris also looks great with salwars and especially patiala., They also look good if you are wearing a kurti with jeans. You can also wear jodhpuris if you like to dress funky and mix and match.
Photo Courtesy: Jimmy Choo, Louboutins, Tory Burch, Vince Camuto
Written exclusively for ‘Borrow It Bindaas’ by Monika Rajwani